- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1897 Struck a boulder in Canadian canal below Lock & sank at Soo Locks; lightered & released.
- 1898 Grounded on Washington Street tunnel at Chicago, 4 tugs to free her.
- 1904 Rebuilt.
- 1905 Lengthened to 445.5'.
- 1907, Jul 13 Collision on Whitefish Bay with SAXONA.
- 1907, Dec Rebuilt at Manitowoc, cost $20,000; machinery rebuilt.
- 1910 438' x 44.6' x 26.7', 4202 gross / 3058 net tons, 1 deck with hold beams, 4 compartments with hatches at 24' centers, 3 watertight bulkheads.
- 1919 Owned Lake Transit Co., Duluth, MN.
- 1926 Owned Nicholson Universal Steam Ship Co., Detroit, MI; outfitted with elevators & 'tween decks for carrying automobiles.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Great Lakes Ships We Remember
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 18:03:37
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio