- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1847 Rebuilt.
- 1849 Enrolled Presque Isle, PA.
- 1853, May 25 Went ashore 6 miles north of Buffalo.
- 1853, Oct 8 In collision with schooner TRADE WIND.
- 1857 Large repairs, rebuilt; 149 tons.
- 1860 Owned C.M. Reed, Erie, PA.
- 1863 Owned William Bone, Erie.
- 1864, May 6 Lying at anchor in Detroit River, struck by two other schooners; damaged.
- 1865 Readmeasured, 116 gross tons.
- 1866 Owned W. Langley, Erie.
- 1866 Enrolled Buffalo, NY.
- 1868 Owned at Buffalo.
- 1873, Apr 15 Sunk, Fairport, OH; considered oldest working vessel afloat at time of loss.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Inland Seas, Great Lakes Historical Society
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio