- Original Owner
- D.M. Barney
- Propulsion Type
- 7' 2"
- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1838, May 31 Collision with steamer MILWAUKEE at Cleveland, OH; sank.
- 1840, Apr 25 Rebuilt as schooner at Buffalo; owned Gilman Appleby, et al; renamed PORTER, JOHN F., 124.49 tons.
- 1845 - 51 Enrolled at Cleveland.
- 1847, May 12 Struck piers at Conneaut, OH; sank.
- 1847, Jun 9 Collision with steamer CHESAPEAKE near Conneaut, OH; both sank.
- 1848, Sep 1 Ashore near Buffalo, NY.
- 1850, Sep 3 Reported lost near Racine, WI in Aug 30 - 31 gale.
- 1851 - 53 Enrolled Detroit, MI.
- 1853 Enrolled Milwaukee, WI; owned J. Eldred, et.al.
- Newspaper Clippings
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- F.E. Hamilton
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Unique ID