- Propulsion Type
- 251' 8"
- 31' 4"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 921 51/95
- 300 passengers
- Final Location
- Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati Railway piers, Cleveland, OH.
- Lake Erie.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Wrecked in storm.
- Final Notes
- Torn from moorings, driven into piers, broke up, & sank.
- 1853, Apr Machinery salavaged, hull flattened by dynamite.
- Engine into E.K. COLLINS, then to PLANET & NORTHWEST.
History and Notes
- 1851, Sep 19 Enrolled Detroit, MI; ran Detroit to Buffalo, NY.
- 1852 Ran Cleveland, OH, Detroit, & Sault Ste. Marie, MI.
- 1852, Jun Broke shaft on Lake Erie, repaired Detroit.
- 1852, Jul 1 Wrecked.
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes News
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- C. Patrick
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 17:51:28