- Original Owner
- LeHigh Valley Transit Co.
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1889, Apr Launched Globe Iron Works, Cleveland OH.
- 1889 On package freight service between Buffalo, Gladstone MI & Chicago.
- 1890, Apr 10 Stranded on shoal in Buffalo harbor; released by effort of six tugs, lost shoe, damaged rudder, broke all blades off propeller, no damage to hull.
- 1891, Nov Collision with Steamer DELAWARE off Cheboygan, MI.
- 1895, May 10 Sunk in collision with steamer JOSEPH L. HURD opposite Skillagalee Light, Lake Michigan.
- 1896 - 99 Capt. James Reid attempted to raise CAYUGA, finally abandoned operations when almost lost his life in dive Aug,1899.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Steamboat Bill, Steamship Historical Society of America
- Newspaper Clippings
- International Ship Masters Association
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- Diving Times
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 17:49:20
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio