- Original Owner
- British Navy
- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- Two gun screw gunboat, sister ship of BRITOMART; built for Crimean War; 270 tons burthen, 330 tons displacement; manned by 56 men.
- 1861 - 1865 Building of this vessel.
- 1866 Commissioned for North American & West Indies Station; with BRITOMART, became involded in Fenian disturbances, Canada.
- 1868 On Lake Huron; sister on Lake Erie.
- 1874 Returned to Chatham, England; laid up at Sheerness.
- 1876 Used as tender to PENELOPE at Harwich until 1884.
- 1884 Based @ Portland; tender to HERCULES.
- 1887 - 1888 Used for Coast Guard duties.
- P.A. Vicary, Norfolk, England
- Newspaper Clippings
- G. A. Osbon
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 17:47:49
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
- Add to Portfolio