- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- Used for lumber, coal & ore trade.
- 1889, Oct 4 Enrolled Port Huron, MI; owned M. P. Lester, Marine City et al.
- 1891 Rebuilt Marine City; two decks, 3 masts; 208.7 x 35.7 x 22.1 ft; 1302.62 gross / 1019.38 net tons.
- 1893, Jun Grounded foot Sugar Island near Sault Ste Marie; released by tug MERRICK.
- 1896, Feb 8 Enrolled Port Huron, MI; owned Curtis & Brainard, Toledo, OH et al.
- 1901, Apr 15 Enrolled Toledo, OH; same owners.
- 1902, Feb 27 Enrolled Toledo, OH; owned Webster S. Brainard et al.
- 1903, Apr 15 Enrolled Toledo, OH; W. S. Brainard & Annie Hagan, Marine City.
- 1906, Oct 20 Grounded on Canadian border near Sarnia, ONT; collision with barge CHIPPEWA.
- 1911, Jun 20 Enrolled Port Huron, MI; owned Edward Glynn, Saginaw, MI.
- 1911, Sep 20 Rebuilt Saginaw, MI; one deck, 2 masts; 208.7 x 35.2 x 13.9 feet; 1117.84 gross / 636.3 net tons.
- 1913 Extensive repairs.
- 1917, Dec 20 Enrolled Buffalo, NY; owned John M. Connelly, Buffalo.
- 1918, Jan 3 Enrolled Buffalo; owned William P. Good, New York City.
- 1918, Feb 4 Enrolled Buffalo; owned Otter Navation Co., New York City.
- 1918, Mar 19 Enrolled Buffalo; owned Seal Navation Co., New York.
- 1919, Jun 16 Sold Canadian; renamed MAPLEGROVE; 209 x 35.9 x 14'; 1057 gross / 637 net tons; C141378; owned Canada Steamship Lines, Montreal.
- 1920, Jul 11 Rammed lock gates & sank, Welland Canal; raised.
- 1921 Renamed JED
- 1923 Large repairs.
- 1931 Stranded Ft. William Hargor; abandoned.
- 1936 Removed by Canadian government, blown up.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- International Ship Masters Association
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- American Bureau of Ship
- Unique ID
- S. J. Barnes
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 17:42:24