- Original Owner
- R.K. Winslow
- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1860 Owned H.J. Winslow, Cleveland, OH.
- 1861, Sep In collision with propeller SCIOTA, off Port Colbourne, ONT; towed to Buffalo, NY for repairs (Buffalo Daily Courier, Sep 19, 1861).
- 1864 Owned Winslow & Johnson, Cleveland.
- 1865, May 2 Owned A.M. Johnmson & William B. Vance, Bay City, MI; 278.23 gross tons.
- 1875, Nov 14 Aground Plum Island, Lake Michigan.
- 1876 Owned P. Pomeroy, Bay City: barge; unseaworthy.
- 1879, Feb Owned W.D. Morton; made into sand barge.
- 1880-81 Rebuilt Algonac, MI; 2 masts; 136.9 x 26.7 x 10.8; 266.85 gross / 253.51 net tons.
- 1882, Mar 21 Owned Miron Kenyon, China, MI and W.H. Mott, Algonac, MI.
- 1887, Feb 28 Owned C. H. Westcott & J.W. Westcott, Pt. Huron, MI.
- 1906, Jul 26 Foundered.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- Mortage Documents
- Julius Wolff
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 17:37:59
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio