- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1895, Apr 20 Launched.
- 1898, May 11 Entered Buffalo, NY on fire, damaged grain cargo.
- 1899 Two 16' x 11', 180# scotch boilers from W. Denney Bros. Ltd., Dunbarton, Scotland.
- 1907, Jun Chartered by Mutual Transit Co.
- 1908 Owned Chicago & Duluth Tranportation Co, Chicago, IL.
- 1911 Owned American Interlake Line Ltd., Toronto, ONT.
- 1912, May chartered by Merchants' Mutual Line, Toronto.
- 1913, Oct 3 Renamed SARNIAN; C134011; owned Canada Interlake Lines Ltd., Toronto; 331.8 x 41.5 x 22; 2656 gross / 1710 net tons.
- 1917, Mar 26 Owned Canada Steamship Lines.
- 1921, Aug 29 Stranded Espanore Island, Lake Huron (near Drummond Island); repaired at Collingwood Shipyard.
- 1926 Laid up Midland, ONT.
- 1930, Jan 24 Owned Reid Towing & Wreaking Co., Sarnia, ONT.
- 1930 Owned John E. Russel, Toronto; homeport Pt. Arthur, ONT.
- 1931, Jan 12 Owned Gordon C. Leitch (Northland Steamship Co. Ltd.), Toronto.
- 1940, Mar 1 Owned Upper Lakes & St. Lawrence Transportation Co. Ltd., Toronto.
- 1943, Dec 9 Wrecked, Point Isabelle Reef, Lake Superior.
- 1944, Jul 24 Towed to Port Arthur, ONT.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Newspaper Clippings
- International Ship Masters Association
- Great Lakes Register
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Canadian Registers
- Unique ID
- A.E. Young
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 17:37:03
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio