- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1864 Owned Platt, Vilas, et al, Manitowoc, WI.
- 1865 Readmeasured 424 gross tons.
- 1866 Owned Bradley, Chicago, IL.
- 1870 Ashore at Milwaukee, WI, filled with water.
- 1871 Repaired.
- 1874, Jul 29 Sunk 25 miles NNW Fairport, OH; 30,000 bushels corn; raised Jul 1875.
- 1879 Owned H. Hawgood, Milwaukee; as a 3 mast schooner; repaired 1878.
- 1883, Apr 19 Enrolled Port Huron, MI; owned H.A. Hawgood, Bay City, MI.
- 1883 Collision with GOLDEN FLEECE in Lake Huron.
- 1889, Oct 11 Srpung leak; docked Detroit, MI.
- 1893, May 20 Owned Hawgood and Avery, Cleveland, OH.
- 1894, Mar 19 Enrolled Duluth, MN, owned B.B. Inmann; 2 masts; towed by A.L.HOPKINS.
- 1898 Owned Lafayette Sullivan, Toledo, OH.
- 1898, Apr 19 Ashore in snowstorm, Light House Point near Cheboygan, MI.
- 1900, Nov 21 Wrecked Lake Erie.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 17:33:13
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio