- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1871 Registered Chicago, IL.
- 1871, Oct Owner burned out at Great Chicago Fire, moved to Buffalo, NY, where vessel enrolled 1872; ran between ports in St. Lawrence River, Ogdensburg, NY - Prescott, ONT - Kingston, ONT - Bay of Quinte.
- 1873 / 74 Excursion boat on Niagara River & Buffalo, NY.
- 1875, Jul 14 Ashore at Snake Creek, Niagara River.
- 1879, Sep 10 Registered Owen Sound, ONT; owned Edwin Dunn; renamed WIARTON BELLE; C71188; 103 x 17.8 x 5.8, 87.54 gross tons; 59.22 net tons.
- 1880, Mar Rebuilt, plied Owen Sound - Wiarton, ONT with occasional trips to Lion's Head & Tobermary.
- 1881, summer Sunk a dredge scow at Owen Sound Harbor.
- 1882, May Owned Mr. Buck, Waubushene, ONT
- 1883 Owned James Anderson, Waubushene; refitted hull & machinery.
- 1882 - 1887 Fishing business.
- 1885 Retired; engine went to SAUCY JIM(1887).
- 1898 Destroyed Penetang, ONT.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Gerry Ouderkirk
- Donald V. Baut
- Canadian Registers
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 17:32:47