- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1870 Enrolled Cleveland, OH; owned Northern Transportation Co., Cleveland, OH.
- 1876, Mar 10 Owned Philo Chamberlain, Cleveland.
- 1876, Mar 23 Owned Northern Transit Co., Rockport, OH.
- 1879, Apr 22 Enrolled Ogdensburg, NY.
- 1880, Apr 21 Enrolled Grand Haven, MI; owned D.H. Day & Co., Glenhaven, MI.
- 1881, May 14 Enrolled Milwaukee, WI; owned Peter J. Klien, Milwaukee, WI & John Seymor, Manistee, MI.
- 1884 Rebuilt.
- 1887, Apr 28 Burned Lake Michigan; rebuilt Milwaukee Shipyard Co; 165.4' x 28.4' x 12.4'; 715 gross tons; lengthened 30'; 1 deck; 1 mast; renamed CITY OF CHARLEVOIX.
- 1892, May 9 Owned Northern Michigan Transportation Co., Chicago.
- 1892, May New fore & aft compound engine by S. F. Hodge, Detroit; reboilered with 2 firebox boilers by John Mohr & Sons, Chicago.
- 1894 - 95 Rebuilt, lengthened & widened; 185.5' x 33.3' x 12.6'; 835 gross tons.
- 1899 Installed 2 firebox boilers 8'3" x 14', 125# steam by J. Mohr, Chicago, 1892; owned Northern Transportation Co., Chicago.
- 1901 Owned Northern Michigan Transportation Co., WI.
- 1904, Mar 14 Enrolled Duluth, MN; renamed KANSAS.
- 1912, Jan 18 Enrolled Chicago; owned Chicago, Racine & Milwaukee Line.
- 1918, Sep 19 Owned Merchants Transit Co., Chicago.
- 1919, Oct 1 Owned Michigan Transit Co., Chicago.
- 1920, Mar 22 Enrolled Duluth.
- 1924, Oct 27 Burned at dock, Manistee, MI.
- 1924, Nov 24 Documents surrendered, Duluth; "fire, total loss".
- 1925 Junked by Manistee Lumber Co.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Emerson H. Knack
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- E. Middleton
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 17:15:34
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio