- Tonnage Gross
- Final Location
- 3 - 6 miles E. of Sheboygan, WI.
- Lake Michigan.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Sunk in collision.
- Final Notes
- Bound Milwaukee, WI - Escanaba, MI, collided with propeller JOHN PRIDGEON JR. in fog; 5 lost.
- 1886, Oct 23 Documents surrendered Cleveland, OH.
- 1887 - 89 Several salvage attempts.
History and Notes
- Built for ore trade.
- 1873, May 11 Grounded Bois Blanc Island, Straits of Mackinac.
- 1874, Mar 30 Rebuilt; 2 decks, 1207.01 gross tons.
- 1880s Towing JOHN MARTIN, ESCANABA & FAYETTE BROWN.
- 1881, Mar Repaired, Globe Dry Docks, Cleveland.
- 1883, May 9 Owned Bradley Transportation Co., 963.98 net tons, 1207 gross tons.
- 1883, Nov 15 Lost main mast, rigging entangled in prop on Lake Superior.
- 1884, Sep Chartered to carry wheat Duluth, MN-Buffalo, NY, 3 trips.
- 1884, Oct Driven against & damaged at Pt. Arthur coal docks.
- 1886, Oct 13 Sunk.
- Newspaper Clippings
- James J. Jetzer
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 17:10:18
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio