- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Old Style
- 577 29/95
History and Notes
- Similar to BAY STATE, NIAGARA & ONTARIO.
- 1847, Jun 24 Enrolled Ogdensburg, NY; length 224' overall.
- 1847 - 60 Nine enrollments Ogdensburg; 1 enrollment Oswego.
- 1860 Owned American Steamboat Co., Ogdensburg.
- 1863 Owned Ontario Steam Boat Co., Oswego.
- 1866 577 tons.
- 1868 Rebuilt Rochester, owned Oswego; 792 gross tons; US4939; laid up at Charlotte, NY.
- 1870, Dec 2 Owned Welland Canal Co., Edward Carruthers, Montreal & Charles Perry, Toronto; renamed COLUMBIAN C51695.
- 1871 Engine to CUMBERLAND, 1871; hull sold to Hall and Gardner, used as barge.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Lytle List
- F.E. Hamilton
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- Canadian Sessional Papers
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 17:06:22
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio