- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 1280 tons
History and Notes
- 1871, Oct 6 Arrived Chicago, IL from Detroit, MI; maiden voyage.
- 1872, Apr 27 Owned Erie & Western Transportation Co., Erie, PA.
- 1872, May 4 Reported tri-weekly between Buffalo, NY, Chicago, & Milwaukee, WI in connection Pennsylvania Railroad.
- 1872, Nov 16 Aground Old Channel, St. Clair, MI Flats.
- 1873, Mar 28 Buffalo - Chicago, Wednesdays & Fridays.
- 1875, Apr 15 Chicago - Erie & Buffalo service.
- 1876, May 2 Reported Buffalo - Chicago service.
- 1880, Sep 21 Northport, MI; during heavy weather deck load shifted, sea washed in port side of engine house.
- 1881, May 30 Towing schooners SENATOR & ANNIE VOGHT.
- 1882 Collision off Racine, WI with schooner THOMAS C. WILSON; WILSON sunk.
- 1882, Nov Towed barge ANNIE SHERWOOD Chicago - Erie grain trade.
- 1886, Oct 2 Towing schooners ALLEGHENY & SHERWOOD.
- 1887 Repaired.
- 1888, Apr 22 Owned Lake Superior Transit Co.
- 1888, Jul 6 Rebuilt, 1100.69 / 785.26 tons, steam pump well, iron boiler house.
- 1889, Aug 15 Owned Miles E Barry, Chicago.
- 1892, Nov 15 Sault Ste. Marie, MI engine repairs.
- 1892, Nov 21 Arrived Duluth from Buffalo towed by CHINA, engine disabled.
- 1900, Jan 22 Owned Barry Brothers Transportation Co., Chicago.
- 1902, Apr 2 Owned Captain Patrick Bowe, Chicago.
- 1902, Jun 19 Owned John A. Brewer et al, Chicago.
- 1902, Sep 8 Owned Peter Barry, Chicago.
- 1902, Nov 7 Chartered to Joy, Morton & Co. salt trade, Luddington, MI - Manistee, MI - Chicago.
- 1902, Nov 8 Owned Barry Brothers Transportation Co., Chicago.
- 1903, Feb 3 Owned William F. Carroll et al, Chicago.
- 1904, Apr 21 Owned John R. Lindgren, Chicago.
- 1904, Jun 17 Overhauled at Davidson's yard.
- 1904, Jul 18 Owned Ontario Navagation Co., South Dakota; home port, Chicago.
- 1905, Oct 20 Sold to George Plunkett et al, Cobourg, ONT; renamed STRATHMORE; 1158 gross tons; C116813; 1 mast, 1 deck.
- 1905, Oct 28 In package freight service on St. Lawrence River
- 1906, Nov Reported wrecked in storm.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- National Archives
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- International Ship Masters Association
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. Nati
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 17:00:47