- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- Final Location
- 2 miles E. of Mississagi Strait Lighthouse, Georgian Bay, Lake Huron.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Gounded in fog, wrecked by gales.
History and Notes
- Used in grain & lumber trade Lake Huron - Kingston, ONT.
- 1875, Jun 14 Owned Hiram & Thomas J. Wellbanks & Hiram Ellis, Picton, ONT.
- 1879 251 tons.
- 1880, Sep While in tow of tug PACIFIC, run into by goverment steamer HAZE at Lime Kilns Crossing, Detroit River.
- 1881, Jan 29 Owned Wellbanks, Ellis and N. & W. Dyment.
- 1883, Nov 15 Stranded near Kincardine Pier, ONT.
- 1884, Summer Relesed by tug BOB HACKETT.
- 1894, Sep Wrecked.
- Newspaper Clippings
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Canadian Sessional Papers
- Canadian Registers
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 16:53:21
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio