- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1848, May 3 Topmasts carried away in Lake Michigan gale.
- 1848 - 1851 Enrolled Buffalo, NY; Buffalo & Lake Michigan grain trade.
- 1851, Nov 19 Ashore near mouth of Detroit River.
- 1852 - 1860 Enrolled Detroit, MI.
- 1852, Sep 10 Ashore Ashtabula, OH.
- 1853, Sep 13 Arrived Buffalo from Chicago in less than 4 days, very fast trip.
- 1854, Apr Lost centerboard; damaged spars & sails on Lake Michigan.
- 1854, Oct 1 Collision with & sank brig BEMIS, near Point Aux Pellee Island, Lake Erie.
- 1854, Oct 15 Bound Buffalo to Chicago with railroad iron, ran ashore on Chickaholee Reef, Lake Erie; salvaged by tug HAMILTON MORTON & towed to Detroit.
- 1859 - 60 In Lakes to Europe service; Detroit to Liverpool with staves, back with salt & pig iron.
- 1860 Owned E.W. Hudson, Detroit, MI.
- 1860, May 16 Second departure for Europe; went to Liverpool, then New York, Jamaica, Boston, Cuba, etc.
- 1860, Nov 11 Dismantled at Kingston, Jamaica.
- Newspaper Clippings
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 16:51:21
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio