- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1873, Aug On maiden voyage, Montreal - Head of Lake Superior; owned D. Butters, et al, operated by Merchants Lake & River Steamship Co., Montreal.
- 1875 First trip direct from salt water to Duluth; left Picton, NS May 24, to Montreal, loaded R.R. iron; arrived Duluth Jun 14.
- 1881 1st. mate William Moore killed, swinging bag of salt knocked him into cargo hold.
- 1883 Rebuilt by Allan Bros., Port Dalhousie; lenghtened 175.5 x 26 x 11', 901 gross / 586 net tons; engine rebuilt 34 1/2 x 36" stroke, 300hp at 84rpm; new scotch boiler 11'4" x 10'6", 60# steam; owned Crangle & Geddes, Toronto.
- 1884, Jun 9 Ashore Sand Beach, MI; released by tug OLIVE L. MOORE.
- 1887 Sold to McNaughton, Monteal, continued in Montreal & Chicago trade.
- 1887, Oct 3 Ran agound St. Helena Island in gale; sank with loss of life reported between 9 - 11 lives.
- 1888 Salvaged, taken to Bay City to be rebuilt by Edward Trachan.
- 1889, Jan 1 Enrolled as EDWARD S. PEASE, US136025, double decked bulk freighter, two masts, one stack, steel arches & diagional steel straps outside; 168.6 x 26.4 x 11.6'.
- 1889, Apr 8 Owned L.E. Pease, Bay City; towed PLANET & URANUS.
- 1889, May 31 Ashore near Huron City, MI; released Jun 7 & towed to Ashtabula for repairs.
- 1890 Owned Cleveland Cliffs Iron Co., Cleveland; 167.5 x 26.2 x 18.7', 721 gross / 548.34 net tons.
- 1891, Dec 2 Caught fire at dock in Cleveland, engineer & fireman killed.
- 1898 Same owner, tows barge PLANET in iron ore trade.
- 1898, Nov 24 Caught fire off Port Huron, minimal damage.
- 1904, Nov 18 Burned at dock, Collingwood, ONT.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Inland Lloyds Marine Directory
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- F.C. St. Clair, Great Lakes Historical Society
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 16:44:05