- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1855-62 Enrolled Buffalo, NY.
- 1857, Aug Collided with brig CHAMPLAIN, Chicago, IL, Lake Michigan.
- 1858, Oct Lost canvas in gale on Lake Huron.
- 1858, Oct Collided with propeller GLOBE in Buffalo harbor.
- 1859 Large repairs.
- 1860 Owned Russell Dart, Buffalo.
- 1861, Sep 3 Collision with schooner COLLINGWOOD near Bar Point, ONT, Lake Erie; bow badly damaged, headgear carried away; towed to Clark Dry Dock, Detroit.
- 1862 Enrolled Chicago, IL.
- 1863 Enrolled Buffalo.
- 1863, Nov 3 Aground St.Nicholas Island, Lake Michigan.
- 1863-65 Enrolled Chicago, owned Munn & Scott, Chicago; readmeasured 263 gross tons.
- 1865, Jun 24 Sunk.
- 1865, July 7 Owned John Minor.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 16:35:18
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio