- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1868, Mar Towed scows from Fond du Lac, WI.
- Reported first tug used in Duluth-Superior harbor.
- 1869, Nov Damaged by ice on Lake Superior.
- 1876, May Sunk off mouth of Ontonagon, MI, Lake Superior.
- 1881 Rebuilt.
- 1882 Renamed JOHN MCKAY.
- Owned John Flynn, Duluth, MN.
- Winter of 1883-84 Received new house at Duluth.
- 1884 Bottom recaulked, Duluth; 3 net tons.
- 1885, Jul Chartered by unknown elevator company.
- 1886, Aug 25 Laid up at Duluth.
- 1888, Aug 5 Leakage or accidental opening caused her to sink at St. Paul & Duluth dock, Duluth, Lake Superior; wreck raised by NAPOLEON GRIGNON.
- 1892 Towed logs on St. Louis River.
- 1892, Feb 19 Rebuilt & received new boiler; 150#.
- 1892, Oct 2 Burned at dock, Duluth, Lake Superior.
- Later rebuilt as JOHN H. JEFFERY JR.; US77021.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Maritime History of the Great Lakes
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- Lytle List
- Inland Seas, Great Lakes Historical Society
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Gerry Metzler
- Enrollments, U.S. Natio
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 11:50:07