- Sail Number Masts
- 25' 4"
- 11' 1"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 384 74/95
- 350 tons
History and Notes
- Sisters DUBUQUE, QUINCY & CITY OF MADISON.
- 1857, May Vessel launched.
- 1857, May 12 Owned Elijah K. Bruce, Buffalo, NY.
- 1857, Jul 16 Owned Henry Fitzhugh & Dewitt Littlejohn, Oswego, NY.
- 1857, Sep 19 Owned Old Oswego Line; D. C. Littlejohn, president.
- 1859, Jun 4 Owned W. Kiep, Oswego, NY.
- 1860, Mar 15 Owned Gibson T. Williams, Buffalo.
- 1860, May 25 Owned Eber W. Owen, Ann Arbor, MI.
- 1861, Aug Ashore Sandusky harbor, Lake Erie; released.
- 1862 / 1863 Major repairs.
- 1862, Apr 15 Owned Charles C. Blodgett, Detroit, MI.
- 1864, Apr 18 Owned C. Blodgett & George Hendrie, Detroit.
- 1865, Apr 20 Readmeasured, one deck, one mast; 137 x 25.3 x 12.5'; 460.65 gross tons.
- 1866 Chartered to New York & Erie Lake Line; Buffalo, NY - Chicago, IL.
- 1868 Chartered to New York City Rail Road Line; towing in lumber trade.
- 1871, May 12 Owned Blodgett & George Lockhart, Detroit.
- 1872 Owned Robert Hackett.
- 1872, May 24 Grounded Charity Islands, Saginaw Bay, MI, Lake Huron.
- 1872, Nov Sunk Pelee Passage by ice; raised Dec 7 by Hackett; reduced to steam barge at Bay City: 137 x 25.3 x 12; 276 gross / 203 net tons; owned Western Coal & Dock Co., Detroit.
- 1873, Apr 17 Owned Western Transportation & Coal Co., Detroit; Robert Hackett, secretary.
- 1875 Pulled a tow of 10,000 ton stone up Detroit & St. Clair River to Sand Beach harbor; heaviest tow of its time.
- 1878, Apr 13 Owned Thomas Adams, Detroit.
- 1879, Oct 20 Owned William Jenkinson, Port Huron, MI; rebuilt by Wheeler, Bay City, MI.
- 1881, May 28 Owned Port Huron Transportation Co., William Jenkinson, president.
- 1885, Apr 9 Spring thaw accident at Port Huron - jammed against bridge by freshet.
- 1886, Feb 15 Owned R. M. Burrington, Bay City, MI.
- 1887, Apr 6 Owned R. M. Bradley et al, Bay City.
- 1891, Mar 18 Owned C. H. Bradley, Bay City.
- 1894, Mar 15 Owned Gurdon K. Jackson, Bay City.
- 1894, Apr 16 Burned in the Detroit River, sank at Sandwich (Windsor), ONT; released by Canadian Government Dec 1894.
- 1895 Owned Stephan B. Grummond, Detroit, Grummonds Mackinac Line; raised & rebuilt.
- 1895 Burned & sank.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Richard J. Wright, Bowling Green State University
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- National Archives
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowli
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 16:23:30