- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1862, Apr 4 Enrolled Cleveland; issued two official numbers.
- 1863 Owned Dwight Scott, Cleveland, OH.
- 1864 Chicago - Sarnia for Grand Trunk R.R.
- 1865 Readmeasured 790.43 gross tons.
- 1866 Winter service for Detroit & Milwaukee R.R.
- 1867 Detroit & Lake Superior Line.
- 1868, Jun 20 Sold at Marshall's sale to Simon Mandlebaum, Detroit, for $28,000.
- 1868, Sep 14 Sold to J. Pridgeon, et al, to run Detroit - Sarnia - Chicago in Grand Trunk Line.
- 1869, Nov Damage to cabins, gangway & rolling braces in gale.
- 1870, Mar 31 One engine removed, made single screw, also new decks; running Sarnia - Chicago.
- 1879 Large repairs; to run Chicago & Buffalo in grain trade.
- 1880, Mar 13 Owned W.R. Burt, et al, E. Saginaw.
- 1881 Towed barges D.P. DOBBIN & F.L. DANFORTH in lumber trade, Bay City & Buffalo.
- 1882 Sold to R.L. Holland, Marine City.
- 1883, May 17 Cabins removed, rebuilt as steambarge with one deck; 195.6 x 30.5 x 13.1', 645 gross tons & 532 net tons.
- 1884, Sep 5 Rebuilt as schooner, renamed LOUIE O'NEILL; 195.6 x 30.5 x 13.1, 550 gross tons, 523 net tons.
- 1885 Towed by OGEMAW & THOS. W. PARLMER in lumber trade, Oscoda & Cleveland.
- 1886 Towed by J.W. WESTCOTT.
- 1887, May 18 Document surrendered, total loss.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroi
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 16:31:43
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio