- Tonnage Old Style
- 352 1094/3500
- Tonnage Net
- 19,000 bushels
- Final Location
- 15 Miles south of Cove Island Light
- Georgian Bay, Lake Huron
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Final Notes
- Bound Ashtabula, OH for Owen Sound, ONT. Was towing schooner SEVERN; struck reef, broken up & foundered; SEVERN was let go & disappeared.
History and Notes
- 1873, May 11 First launched.
- Sailed in Merchants Line.
- 1874-1882 Operated between Montreal, QUE & Chicago, IL.
- 1877, Jun 5 Readmeasured; 125.7 x 23.6'; 652.02 gross tons/403.59 net tons.
- 1886 Owned Mrs. A. R. Christie, Toronto, ONT.
- 1886, Apr 15 Burned Owen Sound, ONT, Lake Huron.
- 1887, May Rebuilt as steam barge by J. Simpson, Owen Sound, ONT.
- 148 x 26 x 13'; 485 gross tons/360 net tons.
- 1895, Oct 7 Foundered off Cove Island, Georgian Bay.
- 1896, Dec 8 Registration closed.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Mills List
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database||
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 11:50:03