- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1873, Apr 14 Registered Hamilton, ONT; owned D. Butters, et al, Toronto; ran Montreal & St. Catharines.
- 1875 Rebuilt 158.4 x 26 x 11.4', 656.21 gross / 425.13 net tons.
- 1876 Large repairs.
- 1876, May 4 Ashore; released two weeks later.
- 1878, Oct 24 Owned D. Butters & H. Zealand, Hamilton; ran Montreal & Chicago.
- 1879, Jun 29 Owned Merchants Line, Montreal.
- 1880, May 17 Owned A. Turner & H. Zealand, St. Catharines.
- 1880, Jun 19 Rebuilt, Port Dalhousie.
- 1881, Mar 23 Name changed to GLENFINLAS; Duluth, Fort William & Montreal grain trade.
- 1883, Sep 14 Registry closed.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Inland Lloyds Marine Directory
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Canadian Sessional Papers
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 16:31:21
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio