- Original Owner
- Bessemer Steamship Company
- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- Used for transportation of ore, stone & coal to steel mills.
- 1900, May 17 Launched, new vessel.
- 1901 Owned Pittsburg Steamship Co.
- 1922 Rebuilt at Fairport, OH; four compartments, arch-frames.
- 1930 Same owner, Cleveland, OH.
- 1952, Apr New tank tops.
- 1953, Dec 7 owned John Roen, Sturgeon Bay, WI.
- 1954 Rebuilt as barge at Sturgeon Bay; renamed MARQUIS ROEN; 2 clyde diesel-driven revolving cranes; capacity 7,000 gross tons.
- 1957 Made a self unloader at Sturgeon Bay.
- 1960 447' 3.5" x 50' x 29'6"; 4830 gross / 4830 net tons.
- 1973, May 31 Sold to Gulf Elevator & Transfer Co. Burnside, LA; used for transferring cargo between river barges & ocean-going vessels; cabins removed.
- 1988 Chartered by Navios Ships Agencies as floating derrick at USX Fairless Steel Plant, PA.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Newspaper Clippings
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 16:17:58