- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1899, Aug 30 Launched Buffalo; 2 decks, channel system, double bottom water ballast system, 3 watertight bulkheads, steel boiler house, 4 compartments, hatches at 24' centers.
- 1899, Sep 21 Left Buffalo on maiden voyage for Superior.
- 1926 Owned Great Lakes Transit Co; renamed P.E. CROWLEY; readmeasured 4077 gross / 3398 net tons.
- 1943 Taken to coast via Mississippi River under War Shipping Administration; readmeasured 4404 gross / 3187 net tons.
- 1948 Sold to Kurrikan Laiva S.S. Co, Vasa, Finland; renamed KURRIKA.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- International Ship Masters Association
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 16:09:57
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio