- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1878, Aug 10 Owned Western Transit Co.(NYCRR), Buffalo.
- 1880 - 93 Chicago & Buffalo run.
- 1887, Aug 22 Aground abreast of Port Huron.
- 1887, Aug 29 Released from Port Huron middleground.
- 1893, Sep 17 Damaged in gale, Lake Huron; leaking; to Detroit for temporary repairs.
- 1899 Renamed AUBURN.
- 1905, Oct 20 Put on Lake Michigan service rest of season.
- 1906, Oct Aground Grassy Island, Detroit River.
- 1906, Oct 26 Released, to Amherstburg, ONT for repairs.
- 1909 - 10 Sold to Cleveland & Chicago Transit Co., Cleveland.
- 1910, Apr 4 Sold at Marshall's sale along with steamer YONKERS.
- 1911 or 1912 Made into barge, 1165 gross / 1152 net tons.
- 1913 Owned Edward Gillen Dock Dredge Construction Co., Racine.
- 1917, Mar 5 Owned Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Co.
- 1918, Sep 12 Raised from river at Ashtabula; towed to Marine City.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- International Ship Masters Association
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Dire
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 16:05:01
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio