- 29' 1 1/2"
- 12' 2"
- Tonnage Old Style
- 689 21/95
History and Notes
- 1851, Apr 26 Launched.
- 1851, May 6 Owned G.B. Waldbridge, et al, Buffalo.
- 1852, May 10 Largest cargo into Buffalo by steamer, 5,370 barrels flour from Cleveland.
- 1852, Jul 24 Broke down Lake Michigan; towed into Sheboygan.
- 1852, Sep 1 Largest load grain into Buffalo; 33,152 bushels oats & corn; total 550 tons.
- 1852, Nov 23 Towed disabled steamer SAM WARD Lake Erie Islands to Detroit.
- 1853, May 6 Collided with USS MICHIGAN on Lake Huron.
- 1854 Collided with barque INDIANA, St. Clair River.
- 1854, Nov 28 Collided with steamer FASHION, near Newport; FASHION sank almost instantly.
- 1855, Apr 27 Sold to American Transportation Co., Buffalo; Buffalo & Chicago run.
- 1857, Apr 22 Same owner; runs Buffalo, Chicago, Oswego & lower Lakes.
- 1860, Jul 19 Owned Wm. Williams, et al, Buffalo.
- 1860, Aug 3 Owned Chas. Ensign, Buffalo.
- 1861, Aug 24 Collided with steamer CLARA in Detroit River; CLARA sank at dock.
- 1861, Nov 1 Aground at Fighting Island, Detroit River; freed Nov 5.
- 1864, Apr 19 Owned Western Transportation Co., Buffalo; $27,000.
- 1865, Apr 18 Readmeasured 202 x 28.6 x 11.05'; 829 tons.
- 1866 Buffalo, Detroit, & Lake Michigan route; register US2655.
- 1871, Apr 10 Owned J.S. Noyes, et al, Buffalo; made steambarge.
- 1872, Sep 21 Ran aground with tow of barges; St. Clair Flats.
- 1874, Aug 31 Owned Amos Easton, Bay City.
- 1875, Apr 22 Owned F.W. Fifield, Waterford, MI.
- 1876 Owned P. Kane, Bay City.
- 1877, Aug 20 Barge; same dimensions & tonnage; owned E.J. Campbell, et al, Bay City.
- 1885 Unrigged barge.
- 1889 Probably abandoned 1889 or before.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Milwaukee Public Library
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Frederick Stonehouse
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut||
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 16:01:31
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio