- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 3300 tons
History and Notes
- 1887, May 14 Launched; intended for iron ore trade.
- 1887, Jun 30 Enrolled Detroit, MI as new vessel.
- 1894, Aug 24 Collision with & sank O.W. CHENEY at enterance to Soo Canal.
- 1896, Nov Hull cut open by ice at Duluth, MN.
- 1896, Apr 30 Owned L.C. Waldo, Detroit; lengthened at Clark's Dry Dock, Detroit, 306.3 x 40 x 18', 2080 gross / 1217 net tons.
- 1898, Dec 12 Struck bottom, Detroit River, with a rock in her hull totaling 2,250 pounds & cargo coal, 3100 tons; large repairs at Detroit.
- 1900, Jul 8 Collision with FRED MERCUR at South Chicago, IL.
- 1903, Oct 29 Collision with NASMYTH AND BOTSFORD at Sault Locks.
- 1906, Sept 29 Damage entering harbor at Lorain, OH.
- 1910, Sept 15 Owned L.C. Waldo, Detroit, MI.
- 1911, May 8 Renamed OMEGA; owned Omega Transportation Co., Duluth, MN.
- 1916, Apr 17 Owned Harry Dinham, Duluth.
- 1916, Jul 7 Owned Dakota Transportation Co., Duluth.
- 1917 Owned Montreal Transportation Co., Montreal; C138235, 291.2 x 41 x 18.4', 2111 gross / 1217 net tons; renamed GLENMOUNT.
- 1920 Owned Canada Steamship Co., Montreal.
- 1923 Retired, laid up at Midland, ONT.
- 1924 Dismantled.
- 1928 Owned Metals Corporation of Canada Ltd., Montreal, QUE; dismantled and scrapped.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Scanner, Toronto Marine Historical Society
- Newspaper Clippings
- International Ship Masters Association
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 15:59:12
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio