- Original Owner
- Peshtigo Company, Chicago IL
- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1873 Owned Peshtigo Lumber Co., Chicago, IL.
- 1878, Aug 8 Struck by propeller DEAN RICHMOND while lying at Peshtigo's dock, Chicago, Chicago River.
- 1881, May Badly damaged in collision with schooner FLEETWING; owned John Dall & M. Paulsen.
- 1882 Owned Chicago.
- 1884 Rebuilt.
- 1899 Owned I. Watson Stephenson, Menominee, WI.
- 1899, April Owned Leathem & Smith, Sturgeon Bay, WI.
- 1902 Owned Leathem & Smith
- 1903 Reported burned and sank at Soo Locks. Raised and converted into stone barge for quarry business.
- 1912 Rigged with clam-shell bucket, used to carry crushed stone.
- 1919-1920 Converted into lighter and used in salvage operations. Owned Leathem & Smith.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Maritime History of the Great Lakes
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 11:47:24
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio