- Tonnage Old Style
- 493 42/95
- Final Location
- About 3 - 4 miles N. of Point Aux Barques, Saginaw Bay.
- Lake Huron.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Lost rudder, foundered in gale.
- Final Notes
- Bound Chicago - Buffalo, 10 lost in capsized lifeboats.
- Wreckage ashore between Bayfield & Goderich, ONT.
History and Notes
- 1852 - 54 Ran Buffalo, NY - Chicago, IL & intermediate ports.
- 1852, Jul 20 Owned Lucius H. Pratt, John Hollister & Squier Alexander, Buffalo.
- 1853, Apr 4 Owned Lucius H. Pratt, Squier Alexander & Robert Hollister, Buffalo.
- 1853, Apr 8 Owned Lucius H. Pratt & Squier Alexander, Buffalo.
- 1853, Nov 15 Owned Samuel F. Pratt, Robert Hollister & S. Alexander, Buffalo.
- 1854, Apr 7 Owned George W. Holt, Rufus C. Palmer & S. Alexander, Buffalo.
- 1854, Jun 24 Ashore Lake Huron, corn & flour cargo; raised & drydocked for repairs.
- 1854, Nov 13 Foundered.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- National Archives
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 15:53:07
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio