- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 1,400 tons
History and Notes
- 1871, Apr 27 Launched, intended for ore trade.
- 1871 - 1901 Towed by W.L.WETMORE.
- 1881, May 11 Owned Thomas Axworthy, Cleveland, OH.
- 1883, Apr 30 Owned T. Axworthy & George W. Hale.
- 1884 Rebuilt.
- 1886, Apr 14 Owned J. H. Palmer & C. H. Wallace.
- 1893 Owned J. H. Palmer.
- 1898 To east coast.
- 1900 Back to lakes.
- 1900, Apr Owned John J. Boland, Buffalo, NY.
- 1901, Nov 29 In tow of steamer W. L. WETMORE, wrecked in storm off Rabbit Island, near Tobermory, ONT, lumber laden; crew escaped.
- 1901, Dec 14 Released & drydocked, Collingwood, ONT; owned Capt. Adam Hartman, Tonawanda, NY.
- 1902, Jun 18 Renamed BUFFALO.
- 1912 Converted to barge Reid Shipyard, Pt. Huron, MI.
- 1913 Sold Canadian, James Reid, Sarnia.
- 1915 Lighter.
- 1915 Abandoned.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- John O. Greenwood
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 15:47:50
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio