- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- One of large Detroit & St. Clair River tugs taking sailing vessels Lake Huron - Lake Erie.
- 1867, Jun 8 Enrolled Port Huron, MI.
- 1868 Repaired & outfitted for wrecking operations out of Port Huron.
- 1870, Nov 25 Ashore on Canadian shore near Port Huron.
- 1871, Mar Rebuilt; housed in for rafting.
- 1871, Apr Aground at St. Clair flats.
- 1871, Jul Collision with JOHN MARTIN at Pt. aux Pelee, ONT; repaired at Fitzgerald & Leighton yard, Port Huron.
- 1873 Owned G.E. Brockway, Port Huron.
- 1879 Owned Moore et al, Detroit, MI.
- 1881, Jun 16 Owned Ludington Lumber Co.; used in towing lumber scows Ludington - Chicago.
- 1882 Reboilered; 9.5 x 16' firebox boiler, M.Riter, Buffalo.
- 1883, Oct Laid up.
- 1889, Mar 22 Owned C.D. Thompson, Port Huron.
- 1906 Owned Great Lakes Towing Co., Cleveland, OH.
- 1910 Rebuilt.
- 1911 Abandoned.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- International Ship Masters Association
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. Nation
- Unique ID
- from an oil painting
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 15:44:40
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio