- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
- 268 40/95
History and Notes
- 1853, Mar 27 First launched.
- 1854, Nov 23 Collided with & sunk schooner GRAND TURK near Presque Isle, MI, Lake Huron.
- 1855, Dec 9 Aground head of Lake Michigan; got off.
- 1860 Owned David Dall, Racine, WI.
- 1861 Major repairs.
- 1863 Same owner, Chicago, IL.
- 1865 179.92 gross tons.
- 1865, Jul Collided with schooner J. W. NICHOLS, Detroit River; repaired at Campbell & Owen's Shipyard, Buffalo, NY.
- 1882 171.43 net tons.
- 1885, Sep 5 Waterlogged & capsized in gale off Ootsburg, WI, Lake Michigan.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Maritime History of the Great Lakes
- James J. Jetzer
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 11:46:47
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio