- Original Owner
- Francis Tufts et al
- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1870, Jun 13 Enrolled Detroit.
- 1870, Jun 20 Arrived Toledo from Port Huron with 83,000' lumber & 13,000 lath.
- 1870 Sep 1 Sunk in collision with propeller FREE STATE, Detroit River off Grosse Isle, stone-laden.
- 1870, Oct 22 Raised.
- 1871 Apr 19 Sold Canadian, by John McLoren to Richard Hawley, Jr, renamed HERALD, #C61138.
- 1872 Carries 90 cords, tan bark.
- 1873, Jul 24 Sunk in collision with steamer DUNKIRK, Lake Huron, 1 life lost.
- 1873, Jul 31 Raised and repaired, rebuilt, 94 x 22 x 8', 102 gross / 84 net tons. Owned R. W. Elliott, Toronto.
- 1875, Nov 23 Ashore, Grand Haven, MI.
- 1876 Apr 15 Sunk in gale, Port Stanley, ONT.
- 1877-84 Owned Fred P. George, Kingston, ONT.
- 1891 Dec 15 Owned R.W. Elliot, Toronto.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Inland Lloyds Marine Directory
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shi
- Unique ID