- Tonnage Gross
- 500 tons.
History and Notes
- 1877, Jun 7 Launched; to run Chicago - St. Joseph - Saugatuck - Holland; cargo fruit, lumber & passengers.
- 1877, Aug 23 Enrolled Grand Haven, MI.
- 1877, Oct Collision with bark NAIAD, Chicago River.
- 1878, Mar 15 Change district to Waukegan.
- 1878, May Change to Saugatuck District.
- 1878, Sep Collision with tree, lost topmast; several small accidents.
- 1879 Quickest trip Chicago - Saugatuck, MI (7h 40min.).
- 1879, Oct 24 Lost rudder shoe; repaired Chicago, IL.
- 1879 - 80 Rebuilt as steambarge at James Elliott Yard; 174.47 gross tons.
- 1880 Sold to Covell & Staples, Whitehall, MI.
- 1880, Mar 25 Owned Peter D. Campbell et al, Whitehall.
- 1881, May 24 Rebuilt; lengthened 142.2, 200.17 gross / 148 net tons; Chicago - Muskegon - Whithall; cargo passengers, lumber & salt.
- 1883, Apr Extensive repairs to boilers & machinery.
- 1883, Nov Lost 60,000 of deck load near Whitehall.
- 1886 Extensive repairs.
- 1887, Jul 25 Owned George Morley, Detroit, MI; reconditioned that winter, including new boiler.
- 1889, May 11 Owned William Peter, Toledo, OH.
- 1890, May 29 Owned Alvin Peter, Toledo; Lake Huron coal & lumber trade.
- 1897, Oct 20 Owned Theobald Emig, Marine City, MI.
- 1899, Sep 16 Owned William Scott, Wallaceburg, ONT, C100125; 142.2 x 24 x 8'; 213 gross / 149 net tons.
- 1900, Jun Sunk at Toledo; repaired Sarnia, ONT.
- 1900, Oct 16 Heavily laden with lumber, driven ashore in gale; stranded Ottawa Point, East Tawas, MI; released days later.
- 1907 Retired; laid up at Sarnia, ONT.
- 1912 Burned in Sarnia Bay.
- 1935 Removed & scuttled in Lake Huron.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Emerson H. Knack
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detro
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 15:26:31
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio