- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- Built to sail Holland, MI - Chicago, IL.
- 1889, May Launched.
- 1892 Ran for Farnum & Co. Transportation Line from Benton Harbor/St. Joseph, MI - Chicago.
- 1893, Jul Dropped rudder in gale 5 miles off St. Joseph towed into St. Joseph.
- 1894, Jun 6 Owned Hugh Bradshaw & Charles T. Hill, Muskegon. Hill purchased share through U.S. Marshall sale which had claimed Waters Shares on behalf of Montague Iron Works.
- 1894, Jun 9 Bradshaw assumed Hills interest, became sole owner.
- 1895 Ran Chicago, IL - White Lake & Pentwater, MI.
- 1896 Ran in Graham & Morton Transportation Line.
- 1899 137 x 25 x 16; 331 gross / 177 net tons.
- 1900, Apr 6 Owned The Chicago & Muskegon Transportation Co. Ran Chicago - Muskegon.
- 1900, Oct 31 Owned White Line Transportation Co. (W.H.Singer), Duluth, MN. Ran Houghton, MI - Duluth - Pt. Arthur.
- 1905, Mar 9 Owned A. Booth & Co. Ran Duluth - Pt. Arthur.
- 1907, May 28 Registered Canadian.
- 1907, Jun 6 Owned Georgian Bay Navigation Co. Ltd (Herbert Cleland, Collingwood); C117085; 135 x 25 x 9; 500.12 gross / 295.77 net tons.
- 1907, Jul 10 Renamed SOO CITY. Ran Parry Sound, ONT - Sault Ste. Marie.
- 1917, Mar 30 Owned The Ontario Gravel Freighting Co., Ltd, Owen Sound, ONT; converted to barge.
- 1918 Dismantled.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Richard J. Wright, Bowling Green State University
- Newspaper Clippings
- John O. Greenwood
- Great Lakes Register
- Emerson H. Knack
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Ed Middleton
- Donald V. Baut
- Canadian Registers
- Board of Lake Underwriters
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 15:23:22
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio