- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1866, May 28 Launched after being stuck 10 days.
- 1870, Nov Foundering, beached by tug KATE MOFFAT; drydocked for repairs at Detroit.
- 1873, May 13 Enrolled in name of J. H. Bissell, executor for Harvey Bissell, deceased.
- 1874 Schooner, three masts; owned Bissell Estate, Toledo.
- 1879, May 19 Owned John Kilderhouse & Charles Hamilton, Buffalo, NY.
- 1881, May 5 Owned S. A. Murphy (Detroit Towing & Wrecking Co.), Detroit, MI.
- 1883, May 18 Ashore near East Tawas Salt & Lumber Company's dock.
- 1884, Nov 17 Ashore Carp River, Lake Superior.
- 1885, May 15 Salvaged.
- 1886 Ashore Green Island Shoal, Straits of Mackinac.
- 1886, Apr 14 Owned John Kelderhouse, Buffalo, NY.
- 1887, Apr 9 Owned Ben Boutell et al, Bay City, MI; towed to Bay City for repairs.
- 1888, Feb 25 Owned Henry E. Pierce, West Bay City.
- 1891, Jan 13 Changed to two mast schooner-barge; towed by steamers BENTON & J. E. POTTS.
- 1905, Nov 28 Wrecked between Thunder Bay Island & Presque Isle, Lake Huron; subsequently salvaged & taken to Alpena, MI.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Burton Collection
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 15:10:03
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio