- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 250,000 bu.
History and Notes
- 1898, Nov Maiden voyage Lorain, OH-Duluth, MN; 5,000 tons coal.
- 1899, Spring Owned Pittsburgh Steamship Co.
- 1922 Reconstructed, 4150 gross / 2555 net tons.
- 1942 Traded to US Maritime Administration but operated US Steel until war ended.
- 1945 Laid up Erie Bay.
- 1947, Jul Scrapped.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Great Lakes Ships We Remember
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 15:00:34
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio