- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Final Location
- Off 40 Mile Point, MI.
- Lake Huron.
- Final Date Month
- Final Date Day
- Final Date Year
- Final How
- Final Notes
- Bound Chicago, IL-Buffalo, NY, struck shoal; foundered in heavy seas; crew rescued.
- 1984 Wreck located 1n 1984; figurehead salvaged, displayed Wisconsin Maritime Museum, Manitowoc.
History and Notes
- 1868 Owned Buffalo, NY.
- 1869, Sep Collided with FAVORITE on St. Clair River during storm, repaired Fitzgerald & Leighton Shipyard.
- 1871 Owned H. A. Richmond, Buffalo.
- 1876 Owned Montgomery et al, Buffalo.
- 1878, Nov 12 Foundered.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- Detroit & St. Clair River Towing Association, c.1867
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Unique ID
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio