- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1867, Apr 20 Owned John T. Edwards, St. Joseph, MI, ran Chicago-St. Joseph & Benton Harbor.
- 1867, Oct Ran Chicago, Grand Haven, Muskegon, Pere Marquette.
- 1868, Apr 21 Owned Lake Michigan Transportation Co., St. Joseph.
- 1868, Aug Overhauled.
- 1869, May 31 Owned Jonah Richards, Manitowoc, WI, ran Chicago - Marquette.
- 1870, Apr 20 Owned Benton Harbor & Chicago Transportation Co., Benton Harbor, MI.
- 1870, Oct 13 Owned River & Lake Shore Steam Boat Line, Detroit, ran Toledo - Saginaw.
- 1871, Aug Owned Charles A. Chamberlain et al, Detroit, MI.
- 1872, Oct Ashore Tawas City, MI.
- 1874 New Deck.
- 1875, Mar Overhauled, new stack, ran Cleveland, Detroit, Mackinac.
- 1876 Ran Detroit, Goderich, Bay City, Cleveland.
- 1877, Jul 30 Owned Jeptha C. Wade, Detroit.
- 1877, Aug 29 Owned Cleveland & Saginaw Transportation Co., Cleveland, OH.
- 1879, May Broke wheel, Tawas, MI; towed to & repaired at Port Huron.
- 1880, Mar Made steambarge, Cleveland; one deck, 232.7 gross tons.
- 1880, Apr 8 Owned Joseph C. & A. Gilchrist, Vermilion, OH,
- 1880, Oct Overhauled.
- 1881, Mar 21 Owned E. J. Vance et al, Bay City, MI.
- 1883, Apr 25 Rebuilt, 152 x 28.1 x 9.1; 304.78 gross / 159.42 net tons, 1 mast.
- 1886 New boiler 9' 2" x 14', 110# steam, built Variety Iron Works, Cleveland; steel arches added.
- 1891, Feb 10 Owned William E. Pierce et al, Bay City.
- 1893 New engine, steeple compound 19 & 38 x 30"; 350hp @ 95rpm; built Marine Iron Works, Bay City.
- 1896 Rebuilt
- 1904, Apr 28 Owned C. C. Baumhart, Vermilion, OH.
- 1904, Sep 28 Owned W. L. Willoughby & Richard Baker, Vermilion.
- 1906, Oct Ashore North Bass Island, Lake Erie.
- 1907, Dec 30 Owned Adelaide M. Jex, Toledo, OH.
- 1908, Mar 23 Owned H. N. Jex, Toledo, OH.
- 1908, Apr 27 Owned Elmer E. Calvert & Reinhart F. Kunze, Detroit.
- 1909, Aug 1 Burned.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- International Ship Masters Association
- Inland Lloyds Marine Directory
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 14:54:41
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio