- Tonnage Old Style
- 372 4/95
History and Notes
- 1852, Sep 21 Maiden voyage Buffalo-Detroit.
- 1852, Oct 7 Enrolled Oswego, NY; owned D.C. Bancroft.
- 1854, Jul 1 Enrolled Cape Vincent, NY; owned Watertown & Rome Railroad Co; C.C. Bancroft, agent.
- 1855, Oct 13 Owned Northern Transportation Co., Ogdensburg, NY.
- 1856, May 14 Struck Chicago piers; sunk with cargo, 100 tons hardware & package cargo recovered in July.
- 1857, Jul Ashore Waukegan, IL.
- 1857, Oct Broke shaft cylinder & other engine parts on Lake Erie.
- 1861, Apr 17 Major repairs; 372 tons; owned Chamberlain & Crawford, Cleveland, Ohio.
- 1862, Nov 2 Foundered Lake Ontario.
- Newspaper Clippings
- Lytle List
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Erik Heyl, Early American Steamers
- Enrollments, U.S. National Archives
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Canadian Registers
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Burton Collection
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 14:44:30
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio