- Original Owner
- C. C. Barnes & Capt. H. C. Albright
- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1876 Owned Albrecht et al, Manitowoc, WI.
- 1876, Jun Dismasted near North Manitou Island, Lake Michigan.
- 1876, Aug 17 Broke from moorings at shipyard in Milwaukee, put in drydock for further repairs.
- 1890 Sold to L. S. Sullivan, Toledo, OH.
- 1893 Dismasted in Lake Michigan storm, blown onto South Fox Island. Coal lightened to release. Towed to Manitowoc, WI for repairs.
- 1894, May 18 Ashore south of Milwaukee Harbor.
- 1895, Jul Stranded North Point, Alpena, MI; coal lightened to release.
- 1899, Jun 3 Damages in storm off Point Pelee, Lake Erie.
- 1904, Oct 10 Remeasured, 168 x 31 x 12.5; 489 gross tons/460 net tons.
- 1912 Sold to a Milwaukee Coal Company.
- 1914 Reduced to coal lighter, renamed TRANSPORT.
- 1919 Abandoned.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- International Ship Masters Association
- Dossin Great Lakes Museum
- Donald V. Baut
- Bowling Green State University
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 14:37:48
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio