- Original Owner
- Smith & Post
- Tonnage Old Style
- 17,500 bu
History and Notes
- 1855-61 Five enrollments Oswego, NY.
- 1855, Aug Launched; maiden voyage to Milwaukee with lumber.
- 1860 Owned Smith, Post, & Bates, Oswego, NY.
- 1862, Apr 3 Owned Charles Harding, Chicago, IL.
- 1863 Owned Harding & Hall, Chicago, IL.
- 1865 Readmeasured 297 gross tons.
- 1866 Owned Hall, Chicago, IL; repaired.
- 1873 Large repairs.
- 1876 Owned O. Williams, Chicago, IL.
- 1879 Owned Michelson, Chicago, IL.
- 1881, Apr 8 New spars, decks, cabin, topmast, boom, gaffs, rail, bulworks, & deck frames, Wolverine Dry Dock, Port Huron, MI.
- 1881, Nov 13 Ashore St. Helena Island, Lake Michigan; released 2 days later.
- 1882, Aug 8 Ashore Beaver Island, Lake Michigan; badly damaged aft, repaired Milwaukee, WI; owned Thomas Hood, Chicago.
- 1887, May 3 Ashore St. Clair flats.
- 1898, Oct Wrecked off Milwaukee.
- Newspaper Clippings
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 14:35:00
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio