- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1857 Enrolled Detroit MI.
- 1858, Apr Dismasted Lake Huron, got into Detroit, MI.
- 1858, Oct Ran on Point Pelee Reef with grain cargo; pulled off.
- 1860 Owned H.D. Braddock, Portsmouth, MI.
- 1864 Readmeasured 306 gross tons.
- 1867 Enrolled Chicago, IL & Buffalo, NY.
- 1868 Enrolled Chicago.
- 1869 Burned Detroit, MI; later reduced to barge.
- 1870, Apr 18 Owned James Johnson, Bay City, MI.
- 1871 Owned Chicago.
- 1871, Nov 24 Ashore 11 miles west of Port Colborne, Lake Erie; bulwarks & stern washed away.
- 1874 Repaired.
- 1875, May 8 Sold by F.W. Fifield to Ames Eastman.
- 1876 Owned Eastman & Co., East Saginaw, MI.
- 1879 Rebuilt; owned R. & B. Shepherd, Bay City, MI; operated in Saginaw River lumber trade; towed by one of local steambarges.
- 1880, Nov 22 Dragged ashore Erie, PA; badly damaged.
- 1880-81 Repaired.
- 1881, Jul 14 Owned G.S. Colwell, Harrisville, MI; 306.23 gross tons/290.92 net tons.
- 1888, Apr 17 Owned E.C. Recor, Marine City, MI; barge with 2 masts; towed by MARK HOPKINS.
- 1895 Owned C.A. Chamberlain, Detroit; towed by steambarge HURON CITY; capacity of 350,000 board feet.
- 1901 Rebuilt; 8' deckloads; crew 7.
- 1902, Nov 29 Wrecked Alpena, MI; abandoned.
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Peter J. VanderLinden
- Newspaper Clippings
- John O. Greenwood
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- Inland Lloyds Marine Directory
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C.E. Feltner Enrollments Database
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 14:30:30
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio