- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1871, Apr 26 Enrolled Port Huron, MI.
- 1873, Apr 5 Altered & readmeasured.
- 1876 Apr 30 Ashore, North Point Reef, Lake Huron.
- 1876, Jun 18 Collision with schooner ELLEN SPRY off Kewaunee, WI.
- 1877,1888 Repairs.
- 1879, Feb 10 Owned InterOcean Transportation Company, Milwaukee, WI.
- 1881 Repaired, made single deck.
- 1882 Owned D. Whitney Jr., Detroit,MI.
- 1884 Reported damaged Ashland, WI.
- 1884 Rebuilt, steel arches, double decks; 172'x 30'x 12'10", 412 gross tons/356 net tons. Dry Dock Engine Works of Detroit rebuilt engine to Steeple Compound, 21", 37" x 32", 450hp @ 100rpm. Firebox boiler 8'6" x 16', 100 psi, McGregor & Sons Boiler Works, Detroit, MI 1884.
- 1891, Apr 13 Owned Whitney Transportation Company, Hamtramck, MI.
- 1892, Apr 6 Owned S.R. MacLaren, et al, Toledo, OH.
- 1894, Nov 5 Collision with steamer IRON KING off Marine City, MI, sank in 35' water.
- 1894, Nov 9 Raised, rebuilt Port Huron, MI.
- 1903, Nov 20 Sunk by ice, Green Bay, WI. Raised & rebuiilt as barge, Sturgeon Bay, WI.
- 1905, May 29 Owned Adolph Green, Green Bay, WI.
- 1908, Aug 27 Foundered Twin River Point, WI, Lake Michigan.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- S.B.Inspection Service
- Julius Wolff
- John E. Poole notes, Bowling Green State University
- International Ship Masters Association
- Inland Lloyds Marine Directory
- Hall's Report
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Edward J. Do
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 14:30:17
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio