- Propulsion Type
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
- 350 passengers
History and Notes
- Cost $30,000.
- 1882 Owned Frank R. Brower et al. Holland, MI; ran South Haven, MI-Chicago, IL.
- 1883-88 Chartered by Wisconsin Central Railroad, ran Ashland to Bayfield, WI.
- 1888, Mar 6 Owned Cornelius O. Flynn & John G. Howard; ran Duluth-Two Harbors, MN.
- 1890 Boiler replaced.
- 1891 Owned Charles S. Morrow (Morrill) & Fred W. Smith.
- 1892 Rebuilt 96.2 x 17 x 8.5; 94.16 gross/76.80 net tons.
- 1892 Apr 13 Owned Smith Fee Co.; ran Duluth-Ashland, WI.
- 1893 Rebuilt as 96.2 x 17 x 8.7; 176.69 gross/131.01 net tons; passenger & package freight vessel; owned A. Booth Packing Co.; put on "South Shore route", Duluth-Apostle Islands.
- 1913 Tonnage change 146 gross/99 net tons.
- 1918 Tonnage change 88 gross/50 net tons. Renamed GLOBE.
- 1920 Owned Baker & Stewart Lumber Co, Ashland, WI.
- 1925 Abandoned. Last owned James J. Pendergast, Buffalo, NY.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- H.G. Runge Collection, Milwaukee Public Library
- Great Lakes Register
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- Unique ID
- Hugh McKenzie
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 14:25:21
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio