- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
- Tonnage Net
History and Notes
- 1876 Owned Munger et al, Cleveland, OH.
- 1876, May Minor collision with schooner ISABELLA SANDS off Point
- Betsey, Lake Michigan.
- 1883, Nov Iced up, disabled, & leaking South Manitou Island; cargo coal from Buffalo-Chicago.
- 1886 Owned Detroit Transportation Co., ran in ore trade.
- 1887, Apr Renamed, IRON CITY.
- 1889, Sep Damaged in Lake Michigan storm.
- 1911, Nov 22 On rocks off Long Point, ONT carrying lumber; owned White, Gratwick & Mitchell, Tonawanda, NY.
- 1912 Large repairs.
- 1913, May 3 Sunk in collision.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- John O. Greenwood
- Edward J. Dowling Collection, University of Detroit-Mercy
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-20 14:21:30
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio