- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Gross
History and Notes
- 1893, Aug 9 Enrolled Cleveland, OH.
- 1893, Oct 14 In tow of WALLULA, went ashore Waiski Bay, Lake Superior; lightered & released on 19th, in tow of tug MISSOULA.
- 1894 Towed by OLYMPIA.
- 1895 Towed by steambarge STIKA; tow line scraped upper part of tug TORRENT in St. Clair canal; Captain Hackett of TORRENT & 2 other crew killed; suit filed against YUKON & SITKA; settlement awarded.
- 1896 Grounded; 1,000 tons ore removed before getting off.
- 1900, Mar 27 Owned Wilson Transportation Co., Cleveland.
- 1902, Apr 20 Owned Gilchrist Transportation Co., Cleveland.
- 1905, Oct 20 Sank, Lake Erie.
- 1906, Apr Hulk blown up as obstruction.
- William MacDonald Collection, Dossin Great Lakes Museum, Detroit
- Newspaper Clippings
- Gerry Metzler
- Donald V. Baut
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Unique ID
- Scanned Image Height (pixels)
- Scanned Image Width (pixels)
- Image Sequence Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2008-02-27 19:19:56
33476 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is now available from the Alpena County Public Library Great Lakes Maritime Collection site. This MLibrary collection will be retired on April 16, 2018.
- Add to Portfolio