- Original Owner
- H. Mixer
- Sail Number Masts
- Tonnage Old Style
History and Notes
- 1854, Sep Sold to Charles Ensign for $17,000.
- 1855, Sep Collided with & sunk brig ALLEGANY, Lake Erie; ALLEGANY total loss; YOUNG AMERICA repaired.
- 1858, May Collided with schooner SURPRISE, Saginaw Bay, MI, Lake Huron.
- 1861 Enrolled Chicago, IL; owned Sturgis & Co.; large repairs.
- 1865 Enrolled Buffalo, NY; owned Farnham & Hodge.
- 1871 Owned Bateman et al; schooner, 242 gross tons.
- 1873 Owned Watson et al, Buffalo.
- 1874 Owned Smith et al, Buffalo; repairs.
- 1875, Nov Broken in two at Dunkirk, NY; rebuilt.
- 1883, Nov Went ashore near St. Ignace, MI, Lake Huron, cargo railroad iron; salvaged & converted to wrecking schooner.
- 1886 Owned Pridgeon Wrecking Co.
- 1887, Aug 16 Owned George H. Humphrey, Detroit.
- 1899 Owned W.F. Berry, Port Huron, MI.
- 1900, Jun 28 Registration surrendered, "Abandoned as unfit for service".
- U.S. Merchant Vessels
- Newspaper Clippings
- Marine Directory, R.L. Polk Co., Detroit
- David Swayze Shipwreck Database
- C. Patrick Labadie
- Board of Lake Underwriters Marine Directory
- American Bureau of Shipping
- "Maritime History of the Great lakes" - internet
- Unique ID